Property Mentor Investment Questions

The following question was recently submitted to our property experts by an individual looking for advice on how to deal with their property let. If you have got a question regarding your tenancy/property, contact us now via the link to the right.

Submit your own questions

Q: How long does it take to get a tenant to court?

I have served my tenant with all the appropriate notices and they have still failed to pay their rent. How long will it take to get my tenant to court?

From Craig Finchley | Colchester | 09/10/2010 | Landlord


If your tenant has failed to react to your rent arrears formSection 8 and Section 21 notice, then you are entitled to go to the courts to gain possession of your property.

It will normally take 6-10 weeks to get a court order, but before this you will need to issue a N5 Claim Form for Possession of Property and a N119 which will help you to reclaim lost rents.

More about the author

Image of ,

Read more

To see a full list of our writers and find out more about them please visit the authors page.

Related Questions

Want to Learn More?

Whether you are new to property investment or are looking to expand your existing property portfolio, at Property Mentor we can help.

Our property experts have spent the last 20+ years formulating a proven investment system that has successfully helped over 2,000 delegates to create property portfolios of all shapes and sizes.

So no matter your prior property knowledge, why not let us at Property Mentor help you to become the property investor you know you can be and attend one of our FREE 2 hour taster sessions today? Simply enter your postcode into our unique postcode checker below and discover where your next closest property course is taking place.

Reference Code:
join our newsletter and
get latest update about
Property Deals...

Find your local course

To find one of our FREE property investment courses near you simply enter your postcode below.